Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Wondernoon - Cliffsnotes

I suppose the title in itself reflects the narcissism at play here! Well, this tag is supposed to be a quick guide to the person who hasn't known you for long and a reminder of why they do come back to read you - for those who are regulars at your blog. TAAmommy, my new blog pal, has tagged me. The rules of the tag:

Rules For The Tag
Post 5 links to 5 of your previously written posts. The posts have to relate to the 5key words given : family, friend, yourself, your love, anything you like. Tag 5 other friends to do this meme. Try to tag at least 2 new acquaintances (if not, your current blog buddies will do) so that you get to know them each a little bit better.

I hardly go back to read my own posts. This gave me reason to look at a few posts again - it brought back memories of the time during which I wrote them....of the people I wrote about...

Family: Two posts came to mind when I thought of "family" posts. Here is one about my father and the other about the four of us at home here.

Friend: This is a post about my recent trip with both my kids and how my friend and his wife (also my friend!) were so warm and helpful...

Yourself: This is me - a true Geminian - extrovert, silly, laughs a lot - one side of me...introvert, introspective, self-deprecatory, restless, wonders about life/people a lot...

your love: The tag that brought on a host of interesting love stories that I thoroughly enjoyed and also resulted in some spin off clubs called the Green sulk club etc! Oh well, here's my love story!

Anything you like: I love music, love dreaming of being able to sing like a concert musician and I enjoy creativity of any sort - music, writing, sewing... I also love to write...somehow this story that I wrote in my early blogging days is a reflection of all that.

OK I tag now:
DDmom (no excuses!)
Aryans mom
Cantaloupe

And my new blog pals:
Lavs
Neera
Choxbox
Sumana

16 comments:

Aryan-Arjun said...

hey noon.this is a cool tag. Will do it for sure..
Aryan is kind of Ok now. Atleast he is eating something...
By the way I liked your story..yOu are indeed a great story teller...
Arayn's mom

noon said...

Thanks Aryan...take your time to do the tag. It is amazing you managed to read my story and comment also - considering the rough time you are having with Aryan being sick...I really hope he gets better soon. So many kids I know here are sick...

Aryan-Arjun said...

Hi noon..Aryan is fine and I have started coming to office. Thus I get time in office. I hope my boss doesn't read this.
BTW—YOu have a message from Aryan in his blog...
Aryan's mom

dipali said...

This is an amazing tag, Noonie! Catching up with earlier posts like your love story- just great!
Sometimes I think our Maker gives us these moments of absolute clarity just so that we can do what is meant for us. Loved your angsty 'self' one too. Will catch up with the others soon:)

Sumana said...

Sure will do it in some time noon.

Lavs said...

A wonderful tag. I have taken it up earnestly and you will see it before end of day(mine):-)

Preethi said...

amazing tales.. loved reading your earlier posts :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Noon, thanks for taking up the tag, yet to read the links which i definitely get to, but i have a question? Wondernoon is very beguiling. Any reasons behind that name ?

DDmom said...

Nice tag, its nice to go back and read older posts :) I think the only post I had missed reading was the one about singing :)
I am tagged on this??? Hey, I write only about kids, don't think I have written about family[other than kids], friends, myself[maybe my quirks post.. he he..], love. hmm... first I will have to write these posts and then take up this tag and link :)

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

I have read most of your posts ... but some had missed some ... learnt more about you through the tag.

Neera said...

Hey Noon ..so good to know more about u ..by way of links to ur previous posts.

Your post on ur father's passing away made me cry, a lot. I am so sorry for your loss and although its been over a year, I am sure you still miss him a lot. I can tell he really was a great man. May his soul rest in peace.

The posts about the four of you managing everyday life without any help so resonated with me, esp the part of leaving interesting articles, phonecalls to attend to ur children and the mental discipline it demands. You know I go on, thinking about that day when both my kids will play with each other in the park and I will lazily sit back on the bench sipping hot chocolate or chatting with someone ;) Think about it :)

Lovely, lovely post about our masters. I too am a firm believer and have experienced myself that God sure shows me signs everywhere when I am faced with a difficult situation.

Shall come back to read ur love story. Duty beckons right now :)

noon said...

Dipali - Thanks for visiting and for your comment. Yes, those moments of clarity are rare though for me - and that also makes those moments blissful. I wish it was like that always.

Sumana - thanks - will check your site soon

Lavs - will check your site again - read some yesdy - didn't finish though.

Preethi - thanks so much...

Taamommy - thanks for asking me to do the tag. wondernoon - nothing special really. One of my nicknames (from my friend) is noon. I started a blog mainly to be able to comment on my niece's blog. So I randomly gave this name - cz I wonder about things (like no one else does!) - often about what's the meaning of this life...creation/universe etc...- so just randomly tried the name wondernoon and it was available!
I hear the "boink" music in your head! "That's it?!" - You're thinkin! :)

noon said...

DDmom - you mean you have not written the engmnt post yet?! How come?! Oh yes, that should be your next post. All those who have not done this should do it now! :)

CA - thanks for reading! :)

Neera - Thanks for your comments. Dad - yes, it is still unreal for me...
And about managing kids - gosh people like you should get an award - living in super cold MN and managing both kids - amazing!
Duty beckons! :) Yes, I know what you mean - doesn't it 24/7!

Lavs said...

I wrote a comment here but looks like blogger never published it. I am so happy that KB is improving. And do not worry about these temporary blocks. They are bound to go away in due course. And I shall keep sending blessings for KB’s improvement. BTW, you are supposed to carry the “blessings” tag forward:-0

Lavs said...

Forgot to add-Your love story is scintillating.

Choxbox said...

Done tag!