Sunday, August 03, 2008

Happy birthday KB!

I have written a lot about KB this past week - all leading up to this day - his third birthday. My little baby is now a little boy...only now I am able to think of him as a little boy at least - not a baby. He is still very innocent in a lot of ways - partly because he has been home with me and only interacts with other children in my presence. I guess when he starts school, I can see him as his own person without any influence from me at least for a few hours every week.

Both B and I have felt the passing of time the last three years. I can hardly believe KB is three but I also don't feel like time flew by. So much happened in the three years and KB has been a part of it all. I see so much of my father in him and for this I am thankful. I wish for him as good a life as my father had - even if he had tough times in his childhood - my father was such a confident, self made, generous, jovial, well respected, sociable and kind person. I pray to God to keep KB healthy, happy and safe. I sure hope that all the wonderful qualities in him remain so always and don't get tarnished by the vagaries of experience as he grows up. I wish for him good friends, good teachers and good fortune. If at all I came to know what it is to feel love that cannot be put in words, it is only after I had KB. He makes a yelling monster out of me at times, trying my patience with his compulsive and obsessive nature at times. But when I look at his innocent face when he is sleeping or when he does the simplest of gestures - like gently patting my neck as soon as he over hears me telling B that my throat is aching - with utmost sincerity and faith that that simple act can actually "fix" the problem - his innocence and loving spirit touch me like nothing else does. At those times, I realize what it is to love your child in a way that words can't do justice. I sometimes wish to capture the essence of all that is KB and hold on to it and never let go - all that goodness preserved. But I know he will grow up - I wonder how he will look as a young teenager, a young man...what his tastes will be like...there is time for it all to happen. I wish for him the very best every step of the way and I do hope that divine grace that protects us all in ways that we don't even realize is there with him protecting him.

Happy birthday to my dear sweet KB!

20 comments:

Chitra said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KB! May god bless you with loads and loads of happiness. Love, Chitra.

Praveen said...

Happy Bday to KB!

Anonymous said...

Many Many happy Returns of the Day to KB!
Padma

Mystic Margarita said...

Happy Birthday, dearest KB. It seems I know you so well from your mother's wonderful posts - wishing you a fun-filled day with family and friends.

noon said...

Thanks Chitra, Praveen!

Padma - thanks - is this a Padma I know? Or someone new?

MM - thanks, we will surely meet up when I come that side! :)

Aditi's Album said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aditi's Album said...

Wishing KB a very very hapyy and joyful birthday. God bless you with all goodness in life ahead.

BangaloreMom said...

Happy budday darling!! May this year see you blossoming even more.

Neera said...

A very very Happy Birthday dear KB! I really wish for the best of you in the coming year, hope you have a terrific start in pre-school, hope your personality blossoms as you start taking small steps away from amma and hope that the coming year is just as wonderful as a boy like you deserves. I really wish that I can meet you before going back to India - ask your mom to come here please.

noon said...

AA - thanks so much! Really appreciate your wishes!

BM - thanks! And hopefully I will meet Kuttan before I turn four! :)

Neer - Thanks so much. All of my wishes for KB too! :) And man I wish we could come this summer to MN to meet you guys - cz winter is super cold - really wish! And next summer you will be in Delhi may be...will see - who knows! :)

Trishna said...

Belated birthday wishes to KB! God bless you big-guy :)

bird's eye view said...

Happy birthday KB sweetie.

K 3 said...

have a great day, KB!

Anonymous said...

Belated B'day KB!!!Hope u had a fun filled day!

Nash Mom

30in2005 said...

Wishes for KB.

Is there a PART-EY?!

30in2005 said...

Wishes for KB.

Is there a PART-EY?!

Savani said...

Happy Birthday dear KB! Hope you have a fun filled 4th year! May Loads of love and happiness find its way to you. many many blessings!

Gauri said...

Happy Birthday KB ! Here's wishing you a terrific year ahead :)

Preethi said...

Happy bday KB.. have a wonderful year ahead.. god bless you!!

noon said...

Trish, BEV, Nash mom, K3 - thanks for your wishes!:)

30in05 - thanks! A post in response to your question! :)

Dottie, Gauri, Preethi - thanks for your wishes!